Finally... Our Kitchen Reveal

Our quickie kitchen back-splash makeover, the one that we attempted to start in the middle of May (yes, over two months ago)... is officially finally finished.  I won't go into all of the issues we had trying to get this, our first ever tile job, completed... but you can read about some of them on these prior posts:  



I am so happy that this project is over!  By the time we got to the final stages of grouting, caulking and then sealing the grout... it felt like torture.  I was so sick of everything tile that I pretty much wished we had never started!!!  We went in thinking it would be a simple quick and easy project and it probably should have been.  But it wasn't.  Everything that could possibly go wrong DID.

But finally, here it is, our beautiful finished kitchen.  With a few new accessories and pops of aqua and turquoise, I am now enjoying it.


Notice the cute vintage inspired fan in the corner.  I was thrilled when I found it at HomeGoods.  I think it is now the most important appliance in my kitchen.  For those women who are going through the big "M", you know why it is so important...  Yep, it's for those darn hot flashes.  Even with our air conditioning on I need to have a fan in just about every room to keep me from melting (especially the kitchen)!  For those of you who aren't there yet, just wait... You will want fans all around you too :)


I'm sorry I didn't get more pictures of the kitchen. I have been fighting with trying to get a good picture for about a week now.  The lighting is just too dark at night and way too much light glares in during the day.  With one good picture, I finally decided to reveal it. I didn't even remember to put anything on my chalkboard.  Oh well, in the future (when it's cloudy and raining out) I will hopefully get a few more good photos.  

I haven't figured out how to be a great photographer yet, but I'm working on it.  I think I may need to take a class.

Until next time,
Happy decorating!

Diana


5 comments:

  1. The hard work payed off because the back splash looks great! And I am loving the little vintage fan, so cute!

    justina @ www.justinawho.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cabinet finish - will you share what was used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did not redo our cabinets. The finish on them is what our builder originally installed. Sorry I can't be more help.

      Blessings,
      Diana

      Delete
  3. I love your kitchen. The backsplash is so beautiful. What type of countertop is that? We have cabinets very similar and are going to be replacing our countertops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The countertops are granite. I believe the pattern is called Santa Cecelia.

      Delete

I love all of your comments and I read every one... I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Diana