My Favorite Must Have Kitchen Appliance

I used to drink orange juice from cartons.  Well, not directly from the carton :)  What I mean is I would buy mass produced commercially processed orange juice.  Even when they called their juice "pure squeezed" it was nothing like a glass of truly fresh squeezed orange juice.  

My absolute favorite must have kitchen appliance is my KitchenAid Stand Up Mixer.  I use it almost every day.  My husband bought me the Citrus Juicer Attachment a little over a year ago and now I am totally addicted to fresh squeezed orange juice!  I love to drink a glass of it each morning with my breakfast.

It only takes about five minutes from start to finish to have enough juice for a full glass and have the juicer cleaned, and it is so worth every minute!!!


The juicer attachment was less than $25.  I love that I don't have to have a separate appliance, instead it just attaches to my mixer and is so easy to use and easy to clean.

This time of year in California we have amazing tree ripened oranges.  I can get an entire bag for only $2 and they make the best OJ.

Depending on the size of the oranges it takes either 3 or 4 oranges to get a glass of juice.  I first wash the oranges and then cut them in half.  Turn the mixer motor on low, which turns the juicer.. and then just push the orange half onto the front.  The juice drips down through a separator that catches seeds and large pulp and then drips the juice into the glass or container.  The separator is removable for easy emptying.  When you do large batches of juice you do need to empty it on occasion.


All this juice from just three oranges... and it's so yummy!


After the juice is made, I immediately remove the juicer attachment and rinse it thoroughly with warm water so it is ready to use for next time.  Note: If you let it sit and don't rinse it right away, it would be harder to clean.  So basically, clean up is super simple as long as you do it right away!



After it's rinsed I just set it on a paper towel to dry.  

Now I get to drink my amazing OJ.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all of your comments and I read every one... I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Diana